VMware Workstation on Fedora Core 6 (i686) This article describes how to install VMware Workstation on a Fedora Core 6 (i686) system. With VMware W.
I am having trouble sending the Tab key to a VM. Here's the details: From a local Fedora 20 64-bit machine, I am VNCd (tigervnc-1.3.0) into a remote Windows machine (Win 7 Home Prem 64-bit). In that Windows machine, I am running vSphere Client 5.5.0. In the vSphere client, I am trying to install Fedora 26/64-bit as a VM. I have downloaded the Fedora netinst ISO and uploaded it to the vSphere ESXi server and have pointed my F26 VM to it, so that it boots from it.
All that works.BUT, I need to change the boot time anaconda parameters in Fedora before installation kicks off. You normally do that by pressing the TAB key (as it instructs you, 'Press Tab for full configuration options on menu items'). However, I cannot figure out how to send a Tab to the VM machine! I think it is getting intercepted by VNC or VMware itself.
I have tried going full-screen in the VM, but that made no difference. UPDATE I have gotten around the issue by going to a Windows box on the same network as my Linux box, installing VMware vSphere Client on it (did not bother looking for a linux client) and connecting directly to the ESXi server (no VNC). This works: In the VM, I can hit the TAB key and interact with the installer command line. This is no 'solution' though - I would still like to solve my original problem.
Fedora 22 documentation covers information on how to install the operating system in a virtual machine. For additional information about the operating system, refer to the instructions included in the installation media. Fedora 22 documentation includes the following topics: • • • • • Workstation Installation Instructions for Fedora 22 These instructions apply to VMware Workstation 12 or later. The easiest method of installing Fedora 22 in a virtual machine is to use the standard Fedora 22 distribution DVD. Prerequisites Before you begin, verify that the following task is complete: Read. Installation Steps for Easy Install • Start VMware Workstation. • Click Create a New Virtual Machine.
Choose Typical. Crack License Dat Matlab Functions In Dsp on this page. • On the Guest Operating System Installation page, choose one of the following: • Insert the Fedora 22 DVD disc in the CD-ROM and check Installer disc. • Check Installer disc image file(iso): and click Browse to connect to Fedora 22 DVD ISO image. • Click Next.
• On the Easy Install Information page, enter your username and password. • Follow the prompts to complete the New Virtual Machine Wizard. The virtual machine powers on and completes the installation automatically. Installation Steps for Manual Install • Start VMware Workstation. • Click Create a New Virtual Machine. Choose Typical.
• On the Guest Operating System Installation page, click I will install the operating system later. • On the Select a Guest Operating System page, check the Linux operating system. • From the Version drop-down list, select version as either the Fedora or Fedora 64-bit operating system type. • Click Next and follow the prompts of the New Virtual Machine wizard, until you reach the Ready to Create Virtual Machine page check settings.
Click Customize Hardware. • Select Hardware >CD/DVD to set Device status Connect at power on. • In the Connection configuration area, select a connection method: • Insert the Fedora 22 DVD disc in the CD-ROM. Set the Connection, select Use physical drive: and specify the DVD drive. • Select Use ISO image file: and click Browse to navigate to the Fedora 22 ISO image.
• Click Close and finish the New Virtual Machine Wizard. • Power on the virtual machine to start installing Fedora 22 • Follow the prompts in the wizard to complete the installation. • Restart the virtual machine after the installation completes.
Fusion Installation Instructions for Fedora 22 These instructions apply to VMware Fusion 8 or later. The easiest method of installing Fedora 22 in a virtual machine is to use the standard Fedora 22 distribution DVD. Prerequisites Before you begin, verify that the following task is complete: Read. Installation Steps • Start VMware Fusion. • Select File >New.
• Drag Fedora 22 ISO image and drop it into the Create a Virtual Machine window. • Click Continue.
• Follow the prompts to complete the installation. Installing Tools Tools in a Fedora 22 Guest Use the guest OS provided Open VM Tools or install the VMware Tools, as needed. Open VM Tools Open VM Tools is the open source implementation of VMware Tools and consist of a suite of virtualization utilities that improves the functionality, administration, and management of virtual machines on VMware hypervisors. VMware recommends using the Open VM Tools redistributed by the operating system vendors.
To use Open VM Tools: • Add the vmhgfs Driver If you are using host and guest file sharing functionality with Shared Folders in VMware Workstation and Fusion, install the vmhgfs driver in the virtual machine. This driver is not included inbox in the operating system. Installing the additional vmhgfs driver does not disturb the other inbox VMware drivers or Open VMware Tools.
To install this driver: • Install Open VMware Tools. • Install the traditional TAR Format VMware Tools that is bundled with VMware Workstation or Fusion products. • For additional information, see: • Knowledge base article 2073803, VMware support of open-vm-tools,. • Knowledge base article 2073804, VMware support for Linux inbox VMware drivers,. VMware Tools For information on VMware Tools, see knowledge base article 1014294, General VMware Tools installation instructions, at Knowledge Base Articles for Fedora 22 The following link refers to knowledge base articles on operating system specific issues. See for a list of known issues about the operating system. VMware Compatibility Guide The Web site lists supported guest and host operating systems and provides related support information.